Roku is a streaming player for smart TV. It has its own remote when it comes. However, the remote of the Roku device is not like other devices because it uses WiFi to connect with the streaming devices. Moreover, it means that in case you lost a remote of the device, then you will no longer be able to use the device. That means you will not be able to watch your favorite shows. But if you know how to use your device without remote, then you would be able to cope up with the issue of lost remote or if it is broken. Let us see how this can be done:
Steps To Use Roku without app
If you are using your device at home where you last connected your device with the internet so here, you can download an app of Roku to use the device without a remote. For this process, some steps are as follows.
- First of all, you are required to download and install the Roku app. This app you can easily get for your android as well as IOS devices.
- After that, you need to launch the app.
- Then in this app, tap on the remote. Then this remote on the app will allow you to control your device as you were doing with the previous remote. Here you can pause play and also can change the channels too.
- Now you are ready to connect to the device of Roku.
How you can connect Roku with WiFi without remote
In case you want to connect your Roku device to the WiFi and you do not have remote. It is very easy, but you have to make sure that you have an android device and the best internet connection is available. Now to connect Roku with WiFi without the remote, you have to follow the following steps:
- First of unlocking your phone and go to the settings
- Afterward, you need to select the mobile hotspot option
- Afterward, add the WiFi network name, and they choose the security mode as WPA2 PSK
- Then you have to save the hotspot which you created and finally activate it.
- The download the Roku app on your android phone from the app store
- Now install and open it
- Then hit the remote button
- After that, you can use the keys available on remote to connect to the wifi
- Then you need to go to the settings menu and then find the wireless network
- Enter the password correctly, and after that, the device will be connected to the internet, so here the device (Roku) is connected to the WiFi without a remote.
How WiFi settings updated without remote
Here if you have lost the remote, then you should no be really worried about using your Roku device that how you are going to operate it. Because here, we are going to tell you how wifi settings can be updated without a remote. For that, you need to follow the given steps:
- First of all, you need to connect the second mobile device with hotspot
- After that, you have to launch the app of Roku
- After that, you can use the mobile phone as a remote to the Roku device
- By using that remote, you can go to the Network settings of Roku device
- Then you have to change the WiFi settings if you want to connect it to the internet.
- Then you have disabled the mobile hotpot to let the Roku connect with the new wifi network
- And here you can also use the Roku mobile remote as you were using the original remote of the device
As we have seen that in today’s world, there is no issue of finding a different kinds of alternatives. It’s all because of the advancement in technology by the world that gave the title to the world “Global Village.” In this case, if you lost the remote control of the Roku device, then you should nothing to worry about. Moreover, you can use your smartphone as a remote control to the device by just altering some of the features of your phone. That means you need to install an app of Roku that will allow you to use the TV with your mobile phone. Here you can change channels and can perform all the functions which you were previously doing with your hardware remote.
- How to Program an RCA universal remote
- Hidden Cool Google Easter Eggs You Should See
- How To Increase The Virtual Memory On A Windows
What is the Roku device?
A Roku device is used for the purpose of live streaming on the smart TV. It is also said that it is a line of digital media players that are also manufactured by Roku. It allows you to access the data from anywhere in the world.
How can it be controlled without remote?
It can be controlled without remote by getting online services. Here I mean from the online service is that downloading an app of Roku, which once connected with the device, will operate as a remote of the TV. Here you will not feel any difference because it will offer you some kind features which its hardware remote was giving you.
Is it possible to connect Roku with WiFi without remote?
Yes, it is really possible that if you lost the remote of your Roku, then you do not need to be worried about it because you can be connected to the WiFi without a remote.