Looking for Kodi keyboard shortcuts to make things easier and faster? Keep on reading the post below:
Kodi media player is one of the best video streaming platform available in the streaming industry. The platform is a free and open-source tool that you can have on almost any device ranging from Android to iOS, Mac to Windows, etc. The platform enables you to control all of your media content, and it serves as a central hub for all of it.
The platform supports thousands of add-ons that you can install on it to make the most out of it. Initially, it was known as the XBMC, and later in the year of 2014, it was renamed to Kodi. Since then, it never looked back and inserted itself as the top choice for users to stream media content.
What can it do?
The media player allows you to turn all of your gadgets into a part of a digital streaming hub that is connected through a wifi network on an Ethernet connection. Once you have the platform on your device, you will be able to listen to your favorite music, videos, TV shows, movies, photos, and much more.
Moreover, it also enables you to record live TV, runs mobile apps on it, and support for digital program guides. Since it is a media player, it functions great and offers you versatility. You can stream any media file format without any hassle. Furthermore, it has the ability to access the online database, including Music brains and The TVDB, which will assist you in sorting out your content in categories.
Unlike other media players available on the web, Kodi offers features that you can not find anywhere else. Since it is an open-source platform, which means it offers tons of personalization and customization options to its users. You can find and add thousands of add-ons and plugins to add new features and services on it.
Through those plugins and add-ons, you will be able to access media streaming giants, such as Vimeo, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, and more. You will also be able to access radio station integration, IRC chat, weather forecasts, and much more. Last but not least, it also enables you to create your own personalized tools by playing with codes.
What Devices Support Kodi?
As we have mentioned above, it can be used on almost all the devices. The major platforms that you can have Kodi on include OSX, Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android. You can also find the versions of Raspberry Pi, Amazon Fire TV, and WeTek Play.
For iOS users, who want to install Kodi on their device, it is important to know that it doesn’t have any authorized version for iOS. But it doesn’t mean that you cant have it on your iPhone since there is a way known as Jailbroken Firestick, which will give you access to it, and you will be able to enjoy it on your iPhone.
However, for people using a Windows phone, there is no official Kodi version available, and no official announcement has been made yet from the Kodi developers.
So now, let’s move to the topic we are here for, the Kodi keyboard shortcuts. So, let’s start!
Kodi keyboard shortcuts
Below we are going to list Kodi keyboard shortcuts that are must for every Kodi user. After learning these Kodi keyboard shortcuts, you will be able to perform tasks instantly and easily regardless of what operating system you have.
If you are new to Kodi or using it for quite some time but don’t know the Kodi keyboard shortcuts, it is the time for you to learn them for a better user experience.
Basic Kodi keyboard shortcuts
- Enter Key: regardless of which menu you are on Kodi, Enter Kodi keyboard shortcut can be used to select a specific highlighted option.
- Up Arrow: If you are using multiple Kodi options at a time, The Arrow Up Kodi keyboard shortcut can be used to move up through the options.
- Down Arrow: You can use the Kodi keyboard shortcut Down Arrow to move down to the options of a menu.
- Backspace / ESC: you don’t need to click from the mouse to go back to the previous menu; you can do that using Kodi keyboard shortcut by pressing Backspace or ESC key.
- I Key: I key is another basic Kodi keyboard shortcut that will enable you to view information about the option you have selected.
- S Key: The S key is another Kodi keyboard shortcut, which is used to pop up options of Sleep, Shutdown, Hibernate, Restart, etc.
- CTRL + S / PRT SCR: If you want to take a screenshot of the screen, use the Kodi keyboard shortcut CTRL + S or PRT SCR. Upon pressing these keys for the first time, you will be asked to select a folder where you want to save the screenshot. Once it is done, you will be able to take screenshots with just a single press.
- F8 Key: Do you want to instantly mute or unmute the media content you are playing on the Kodi? Just use the Kodi keyboard shortcut
- + Key: Do you want to increase the volume of the content you are streaming on the Kodi? Just press the +key.
- – Key: Just use the Kodi keyboard shortcut key – to decrease the volume.
Kodi keyboard shortcuts for Pictures and Slideshows
- . Key: Dot key (.) is a Kodi keyboard shortcut that you can use to go to the next photo.
- , Key: Kodi keyboard shortcut (,) is used to go back to the previous photo.
- R Key: Another Kodi keyboard shortcut is R key. It is used to rotate a picture.
- + Key: Use the + Key as a Kodi keyboard shortcut to zoom in the photo.
- – Key: The minus key is used to zoom out the photo on Kodi.
- I Key: I Key yet another Kodi keyboard shortcut that is used to view the details of the photo.
- X Key: Kodi keyboard shortcut X key is used to stop a slideshow.
Kodi keyboard shortcuts for Videos
- F Key: As a Kodi keyboard shortcut, the F key is used to fast forward a video or movie you are watching on Kodi.
- P Key: To paly an on Kodi, press the P key.
- R Key: R key is used to rewind the content you are playing on the Kodi.
- M Key: Another Kodi keyboard shortcut while you are streaming a video or movie, is M key. It is used to view the media control options.
- Space Bar: Just press it, and your currently playing video will be paused. Press it again to resume the video.
- X Key: Instantly stops the media file you are playing by pressing the X key.
- Z Key: Z key is used to change the aspect ratio of the media file you are currently playing.
- I Key: View the information of the media file you are currently playing.
- Y Key: Y key enables you to pick the media player on which you want to play the media file.
Kodi keyboard shortcuts for Audio Files
- Space Bar Key: Press the space bar key to play or pause the currently streaming audion file.
- F Key: Press the F Kodi keyboard shortcuts to fast forward the audio file you are currently playing.
- R Key: Press the R key to rewind the audio file you are playing instantly.
- – and + Keys: Press the – Key to decrease the volume of the currently playing the audio file. Press the + key to increase the volume.
- I Key: To view the information of an audio file you are currently playing, press the I key.
- F8 Key: Instantly mute the volume of the audio file currently playing.
- N Key: View your audio playlist instantly by pressing the N Key.
Kodi is the top media streaming service that offers plenty of customization options. It is an open-source platform and supports thousands of add-ons and plugins, which is why it is the top pick of the users. Though the Kodi navigations are simple, it is a good idea to know about Kodi keyboard shortcuts. These shortcuts allow you to perform multiple tasks in no time without touching the mouse. Above, we have listed, basic, videos, and audio Kodi keyboard shortcuts that you should learn for better user experience and perform the tasks efficiently.
Q: How to close Kodi on Mac?
Ans: If you are using Kodi on Mac and want to shut it down, just press the CMD + Q keys. This Kodi keyboard shortcut works on all the operating systems.
Q: How to change the ratio on Kodi using the Kodi keyboard shortcut key?
Ans: To change the aspect ratio of a video on Kodi, just press the Z key.