Realtek HD Audio Manager is the most used application that comes with every window computer and allows you to tweak all the settings related to audio. The majority of users use Realtek HD Audio Manager as their go-to choice to enhance the overall audio quality of the system. With the recent changes in Windows 10, many users have complained that it disappears or doesn’t work at all.
After receiving these complaints from various users, we have researched and found some ways stated below that can solve the problem. Moreover, we have also prepared a step-by-step guide on how to update the Realtek HD Audio Manager through both automatic and manual ways. So, let’s begin!
About Realtek HD Audio Manager
Before proceeding further, let’s talk about what is Realtek Audio Manager. Well, it is an advanced app that enables users to configure and tweak all the settings related to audio. The reason why it comes with every window computer is that most of the systems feature a Realtek sound card. It also allows users to enhance the audio with mixer, equalizer, and other audio profiles. Moreover, it also allows them to create their own personal audio profile.
Furthermore, Realtek HD Audio Manager allows you to enable or disable multiple streaming playbacks so that you can stream various audios to various output devices simultaneously.
The bottom line is, Realtek HD Audio Manager is an outstanding tool, and you should use it more often to tweak audio settings of your computer.
How to Find Realtek HD Audio Manager in Windows 10?
If you have installed the Realtek HD Audio driver, then Realtek HD Audio Manager will also get installed with it. If you want to find it on your computer, you can browse to the Control Panel. If you are unable to find it in the Control Panel, you can go to File Explorer and search for it. To do this, follow the below steps;
- Open This PC from the desktop.
- Go to your C drive.
- Double-click on the Program Files folder.
- Now locate the Realtek folder and double-click on it.
- Locate the Audio folder and double-click on it.
- Locate and open the HAD folder.
- Locate the file RtkNGUI64.exe and open it by double-clicking on it.
After you have tried the above method and still unable to find the Realtek Audio Manager, it means you don’t have installed the Realtek Audio Manager on your computer.
How to Install Realtek HD Audio Manager Windows 10?
Realtek HD Audio Manager can be easily accessed on the previous version of Windows, such as Windows 7. However, in Windows 10, Microsoft has removed many additional utilities to make Windows 10 a lightweight and minimal operating system. As a result, the long-time Windows users having a hard time. If you are running Windows 10 on your computer and want to access the Realtek HD Audio Manager, you don’t necessarily need to download it because it is pre-installed on the system, and if you can’t find it, it might be hidden from users and in this case, you can find it using the above-stated process.
How to Update Realtek HD Audio Manager Manually on Windows 10?
If you are having a problem with Realtek HD Audio Manager and it doesn’t work, which might occur because of Microsoft updates, in this scenario, you have the option to install the driver manually. Installing the driver manually will also resolve any audio issues you were encountering, including headphones and microphone issues. To manually install the Realtek HD Audio Manager, here are some straightforward steps that you need to follow;
- Righ-click on the This PC from the desktop
- Click on the Properties option.
- Click on the Device Manager located on the left panel.
- Click on the Sound, video, and game controller option from the list.
- Now, right-click on the Realtek HD Audio option and then click on the Update driver option.
- Now, you will be asked to choose between two options; Search automatically for updated driver software and Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click on the second option.
- Now, a new window will open where you will see the option. Let me pick from available drivers on my computer.
- Click on the option.
- Now, select the Audio Endpoint or Realtek HD Audio option and click on the Next option.
- Now, it will be updated to the latest available version.
In case if you still face problems and the driver is not working, you have another option to download the driver manually from Windows Update Catalog. To do this, you can follow the below steps;
- First of all, check the Windows 10 version running on your computer by pressing Windows+I keys.
- Navigate to the System option.
- Click on the About option located at the right-bottom of the page.
- There, you will find the specifications.
- Once you have downloaded the Realtek HD Audio Manager driver, go to the desktop of your computer and right-click on the This PC.
- Click on the Properties.
- Click on the Device Manager
- Click on Sound, video, and game controller option.
- Right-click on the Realtek HD Audio and then click on the Update Driver option.
- Now click on the Browse my computer option.
- Now click on the Let me pick option.
- Click on the Have Disk option.
- Click on the Browse option and find the driver’s location you have downloaded.
- Select the INF file from the downloaded folder and click on the Open option.
- Your driver will be installed on your Windows 10 computer.
Windows 10 is a lightweight operating system, and because of that, it removes some additional utilities. If you are having trouble with the sound of your computer and want to tweak its sound settings, you can do it by using Realtek HD Audio Driver Manager. If you don’t have it, you can download and install it following our guide mentioned-above.
Q: Does Realtek HD Audio Manager is necessary to install on Windows 10?
Ans: If you don’t have any sound issues on your Windows 10 computer and also don’t want to tweak its sound settings, you don’t necessarily need to install Realtek HD Audio Manager on Windows 10.