Disney Plus is a subscription on-demand video streaming platform owned and operated by DTCI and a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company. It is an entertainment giant and online hub to stream almost everything it produces. The platform has grown into a megahit and its popularity that has continued in multiple ways during the COVID19 pandemic. The platform streams movies and shows from its frenchises that include Marvel and Pixar title, Star Wars, and all the movies and animations from Disney itself, as well as new originals and programming it acquired by taking over Fox, such as The Simpsons.
Now, as the movie theaters are closed because of the COVID19, Disney Plus is becoming an alternative to release the latest big-screen films.
The platform is ready to stream, and it couldn’t come at a better time if you and your family are currently squatted at home. If you haven’t subscribed, then you can get a seven-day free trial upon signing up for Disney Plus. Its library features Disney original exclusives, Disney movies, TV shows, as well as Star Wars movies, Marvel films and TV shows, and The Mandalorian TV series.
Frozen 2 can be streamed in the United States on Disney Plus, as the platform has decided to bring some fun and to families.
If you are planning to watch Disney Plus on your TV but don’t know how o download it, then we will show you below how to get Disney Plus on your TV.
Can I Stream Disney Plus on my TV?
Disney Plus is available as an in-built app on the majority of the smart TVs that include Samsung and LG smart TVs, as well as android-based Sony TVs. If there is no in-built app for Disney Plus on your smart TV, you have to check with your product manufacturer or use an alternative source.
If you don’t own a smart device, you can still stream Disney Plus through an Xbox, PlayStation, and Amazon Fire TV.
How Can You Get Disney Plus on a Smart TV?
To get Disney Plus on a smart TV, usually, you need to search for its app utilizing your smart TV search feature, type Disney Plus and click on the download option. Once the downloading is completed, the Disney Plus icon should appear on an app menu. After that, you are required to signup and login to your account to access its library.
Below we will guide you about how you can get Disney Plus on multiple brand Smart TVs;
How to Get Disney Plus on Samsung Smart TV?
Below are some instruction to get Disney Plus on your Samsung Smart TV;
- Select home screen apps
- Go to the search option located at the right top corner.
- Type Disney Plus
- Click on the Install option
- After the installation process is completed, launch the app by clicking the Disney Plus icon.
- Signup or login to your account to access its library
How to Get Disney Plus on Sony Smart TV?
If you have android-based Sony Smart TV like Sony Bravia, you can install a dedicated Disney Plus app to your home menu.
If your Sony TV isn’t an Android-based Smart TV, you should refer to your TV manual or consult the manufacturer.
In order to stream Disney Plus on your Android-based Sony Smart TV, you can follow below instructions;
- Sign up to Disney Plus
- Access the app store on your Smart TV
- Go to the Search bar and type Disney Plus.
- Use your remote and select the Disney Plus app.
- Press the install option
- Once the installation is completed, launch the app.
- Log in to your Disney Plus account using your credentials to get access to the library.
How to Get Disney Plus on LG Smart TV?
Disney Plus is available on LG smart TVs, manufacture from 2016, and the latest with WebOS 3.0 or the latest. Disney Plus app will be available via LG content store, and you can install it by following these instructions;
- Join Disney Plus
- Go to the LG Content Store and from your smart TV’s home screen.
- Go to the search bar located at the top of the screen and search for the Disney Plus app.
- Press the install option using your remote
- After the installation process is completed, launch the app by clicking its icon.
How to Get Disney Plus on Amazon Fire TV?
One of the most significant benefits of Amazon Fire TV Stick is that it can turn any old TV into a smart TV and users can access to all their favorite videos, TV shows, movies, etc. from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Youtube, BBC, and much more in high-definition and Dolby Vision.
As Amazon and Disney Plus reached an agreement so that Disney Plus works fine with Amazon Fire TVs. It means if you down own a smart TV, then one of the best ways to turn your device into a Smart Tv is Firestick.
Below are instructions that you can follow and get Disney Plus on your Amazon Fire TV;
- Type Disney Plus in the search bar located at the left top of your home screen
- Select the Disney Plus app located under the Apps and Games
- Click on Get option
- Wait until the app gets downloaded.
- After the downloading is completed, you will be redirected to launch the app.
- If you want to launch the app, then click the app icon to start it, or go back to the home screen.
- Signup for your Disney Plus account and get access to its library.
How to Get Disney Plus on Philips Smart TV?
Philips Smart TVs utilize the Android-based software, so you are required to download Disney Plus app through app store by below steps;
- Signup to Disney Plus
- Ensure that your Smart TV has an internet connection
- Go to the Play Store icon located on your home screen.
- Type Disney Plus in the search box
- Go to the Disney Plus icon and click on the install option.
- Wait until the download and installation process completed.
- Go back to your home screen, and you will see the Disney Plus icon.
- Launch the app and sign in by entering your credentials
How to Get Disney Plus on Panasonic Smart TV?
If you have a Panasonic smart TV and wish to get Disney Plus on your device, then it is not possible yet because the company recently released a statement stating that Panasonic acknowledges the importance of supporting video-on-demand services. We are working to provide native support on TVs where possible.
Panasonic users can expect Disney Plus in the future, though a date hasn’t yet been determined.
IF you don’t have a smart TV and still want to get Disney Plus on your device, then you can get it through using a Smart TV stick. It is a tiny device that plugs into the back of your device and connects it to the internet. This little tool comes with software that allows users to download multiple streaming apps, including Netflix, Disney Plus, iPlayer, etc.
Below are some most asked questions by users;
Q: What Disney Plus Include?
Ans: The platform has content from Lucasfilms, Marvel, Pixar, etc. and also offers all the seasons of The Simpsons.