Minecraft is one of the best selling video games, and about 180 million copies of the game have been purchased since its release in 2011. It is an incredible game that allows its players to build anything from a blocky landscape. If you are among the fans who are addicted to Minecraft game and wish it was an entirely different game, then you need some best Minecraft mods.
Some of the best Minecraft mods not only change the style and look of the game but also add multiple gameplay built around anything from adventuring, farming, hardcore survival, and much more you can just think of in Minecraft.
So what are some best Minecraft mods? Well, below we have bucketed a list of best Minecraft mods that you should try to make your gaming experience much more enjoyable.
How To Install Minecraft Mods?
But before heading over to the best Minecraft mods, you should know how to install them. You can variously install Minecraft mods, but the quickest and easiest way is installing Minecraft mods with an application known as Forge. Below is a step-by-step guide of how you can use it for installing the best Minecraft mods.
- First of all, launch any browser from your computer or laptop and go to the official Forge website.
- Download the latest version of the Forge.
- Now you need to download the best Minecraft mods you want to install from a trustworthy source. If you are looking for recommendations, then you can use CurseForge, a popular source, and various best Minecraft mods.
- Now transfer the best Minecraft mod files to your Minecraft folder located on your laptop or PC.
- Make sure that your Forge account is active and then run the Minecraft from your PC or laptop.
5 Best Minecraft Mods
Below is a list of best Minecraft mods;
Optifine is one of the best mods for Minecraft that you can use to make it look incredible. The mod adds support to HD textures and gives you more control over graphical features, as well as with many other configurations. The mod will make Minecraft run much faster with better controls. Some of its best features are stated below;
- Minimize lag spikes and seamless gameplay
- HD fonts and HD textures
- Support for Shaders
- Variable render distance
- Smooth lighting with or without shadows
- Advanced smart open GL
- Better grass, better snow, and clear water
2- RL Craft
RLCraft is another best mod that you can have for Minecraft. The mod comprised of 120 mods and bundled and tweaked by Shinvaxi, which will create a challenging Minecraft fantasy world. While using this mod, players are required to survive in a challenging condition while facing dragons, castles, skill system, dungeons, and more. Below are some of its significant mods that have a significant impact on your gameplay;
- Torches look more real
- Include all new and powerful weapons and tools
- Heat and temperature
- New enchantments, individual item qualities, and potions
- Random structures, ruins, and dungeons
- Abilities and items will not be unlocked until you unlock the level in particular skills
3- Archimedes Ship Mod
Archimedes Ship Mod is another best mod for Minecraft. Unlike various other mods that add vehicles to Minecraft, this mod will enable you to transform anything within 6x16x16 into the vessel of dreams by using its special Ship Marker block. Upon clicking on the Ship Marker, it will recognize your boat as a particular unit that you control using AWSD keys. The latest version of Archimedes Ship Mod will enable the players to build airships as well. Some of its main highlights are given below;
- Buil airships to and take them into the skies
- Measurement gauges for tracking direction and velocity
- Use the mod as you like by using its extensive configuration file
- Easily use, and no costly items are needed
JourneyMap mod for Minecraft is yet another best Minecraft mod, which maps Minecraft world in real-time as you discover. The map can be viewed in any web browser, as well as in-game as a minimap for full-screen. It means if you don’t like a real-time map to occupy your screen while you are playing the game, you can open it up a web browser on your computer or laptop.
Moreover, it has a nice and neat interface and very comprehensive in both full and minimap. This is a straightforward and handy tool, which makes traversing big, anonymous maps are more manageable. Some of its key features include;
- Toggle the map on any corner of your screen, as well as its size is adjustable
- Automatically launch the map of the world you are in
- View your map on iOS or Android device
- Simple, clean, and nice interface
5- Enigmatica 2
Last but not least, Enigmatica 2 is anther best Minecraft mod, which consists of 250 separate mods. It can transform Vanilla Minecraft into a more polished and broader adventure. If you are new to modding, then this pack is an excellent choice to start from, as you will know various mechanics and features that enhance standard play. Moreover, the mod features 800 plus quests that will help players to get into different mods. Some of its key highlights include;
- It offers 800 plus quests that help players to learn and dive into various mods
- 250 separate mods
- Ability to turn vanilla Minecraft into a broader and more adventurous
- Best for players who are new to modding
Minecraft is amongst the best and most popular games available out there. You can make your Minecraft gameplay entirely different using various of its mods. Above, we have stated some of its best mods, you can use, and if you are new and don’t know how to install them, this step-by-step guide will provide you help. If you find this post helpful, let us know in the comment section.
Below are most asked questions by users;
Q: How many mods are there for Minecraft?
Ans: Minecraft has various mods, and it’s hard to count them, and one of the most popular mod sites include 55,000 mods.